11.23.2010

In The Works-Santana Row Client

I was so excited when I was brought on to a commercial project on Santana Row to help with the overall style, colors and look of the store. My clients wanted a vintage look but I nudged them in the way of doing it with a more modern edge. I checked in recently to view the progress and was so excited to see how the wallpaper had turned out. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the beautiful black and copper colored medallion pattern I specified for the fitting rooms. It was being installed at the time but, the completed areas looked fantastic and I knew I had done my job well!
A black with bronze, large scaled scroll with a gold and taupe narrow stripe paired well together in the main areas of the store. The stripe, although subtle, has some shimmer to it and it's a nice surprise as you get up close to it. The background of the medallion pattern also had a narrow stripe which was great in creating flow between the two areas. I can't take credit for those spectacular vintage sewing machines that will be displayed up on the wall. Those were already decided upon when I started my design work. I hadn't seen them before this day but I had LOVED the idea all along.

More to come of this fabulous project!

1 comment:

Caitlin Campbell said...

I am so intrigued and can't wait to see more!