12.29.2010

Sofa Shopping-Room & Board

Recently we went to Room & Board to finalize fabrics and sofa selections with Jennifer Skog. And when I say "we", I mean my durability testing toddler & I. Nothing like a kid eating snacks and jumping on your cushions with shoes to really see how your purchase will perform!

Jen decided on the Dublin Sofa and Chaise Lounge with the Norah Ottoman in a grey houndstooth print. The wooden legs will be more of an espresso color. We played with some of R&B's pillow offerings but nothing struck us except for the Indigo Velvet Pillow. It is so lush and rich looking....the photo does it NO justice. I did love the citrine, indigo and turquoise all together though...I'll be pushing her towards that scheme! Our hunt will continue for pillows as we are trying to coordinate them with a custom upholstered cornice board I had made for her last year. Here is a bit of advice. DON'T buy anything permanent until you are ready to work on the ENTIRE room design. Although we still love the fabric it is making it tricky to have to work around that one set thing. Does my best friend listen to me...no...she's impatient. But aren't we all!

Looks guilty...doesn't she?


We're not using that printed pillow but you can see the indigo and the scale of the houndstooth a little better in this photo.While Jen was placing her order, I chased my toddler around the store but made time to stop and drool at the rug and pillow displays. The thought of a nap in them was just...so...tempting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I love the Houndstooth. I mean Love!
2. That indigo fabric is gorgeous.
3. Where is that place? I think I need to hit it up. :)

Jennifer Bishop Design said...

The store is Room & Board. Any text in orange is a link to the store or the item.

Robin Anna-Viola said...

looove the ottoman and the grey color :)

Anonymous said...

Great style. I want to be able to write that way.
Tapety na pulpit
Darmowe tapety