12.29.2010

Rustic Chic Interiors

A few months back I ran across this photo on the Calico Corners website. I just love the mix of the southwestern, velvet corduroy, plaid and animal print fabrics. It has such a masculine/rustic yet elegant feel to it. I swore if I ever owned a cabin...this would be what I would go for not, some themey ideal of what a cabin should look like.

CALICO CORNERS

Then checking out at Safeway last week, I spotted the DEC10/JAN11 issue of Elle Decor. A quick thumbing through just to pass the time lead me to one story in particular and I was sold. I had already known I wanted to share the Calico photo with my readers but I had wanted to pair it with some complimentary looks....and I just struck gold! It was an entire mountain home designed with a rustic chic look. A little more modern than the photo above...and I LOVED it.

I would ever think to place a purple velvet sofa in the same room as reclaimed wooden beams and a deer hanging over the fireplace! But, it adds just a pop of color in a mainly neutral room and the softness of the velvet against the the texture of the stone and weathered woods is just stunning! The geometric throw on the sofa back just absolutely hits it home for me.


Is that Lefroy Brooks tub amazing or what?

Ummm, can I be adopted because I want to stay in these...

Courtesy of M.Elle Design

No comments: