1.04.2011

Santana Row Project-San Francisco Shirt Company

The team at Franco Uomo brought me on board for their next endeavor The San Francisco Shirt Company. We got working fast and I was thrilled as the store is not only located on Santana Row but we all immediately clicked and they saw my vision right away. They are truly lovely people to work with and I had a great time in the process. SF Shirt Co. offers both men's and women's clothing and is available for custom pieces. I've seen them in action with their clientele and no doubt you will be happy with their impeccable service!
Now on to the design...

The look we were going for was definitely vintage but I kept stressing to them that it needed a modern take on it and we could not have their shop looking dowdy now could we?!?! I found this gorgeous black and gold metallic scrolled wallpaper that we based the entire design around. I used it solely as an accent in their alcoves to add drama to the small space and accentuate their tall ceilings.
The goal was really to make the clothing the focus so I used a simple companion wallpaper (
see detail here) to bring texture and color onto the back and side walls without competing with the apparel. It is a small scaled stripe with a bit of a sparkle and I like how it hinted on a mans pin striped fabric. There was a lot of discussion of whether or not to paint all the display cubbies black as well as the mill work but after much deliberation, I went with just accents of black for the entryway cubbies and on the crown down the center of the store. I was SO happy with this decision as the areas just popped. It created such drama and contrast yet still kept the store feeling light.
The back wall houses a display of vintage sewing machines (already part of the project when I was brought on). The detail on these machines is truly beautiful. The machines are cornered by a display of refreshments that will be offered to their clientele as they shop. If you're ever in the area, check out the store in person to see all of the design details and check out their beautiful clothing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

the store looks amazing. i love the detail on the wallpaper.

Mommy Moreno said...

turned out AMAZING!! love.