2.07.2011

A Culinary Feast For Your Eyes-Napa CA

A recent trip to Napa brought me to Tyler Florence's new shop. It's located in their newly re-vamped downtown area. Pretty cool if you want to feel like you've morphed to Europe.


My breathe was taken away when I walked in...such a perfect mix of rustic, modern and elegance....my favorite and I was in heaven! It was a feast for my eyes and there was so much to explore. I instantly grabbed my camera and snapped a shot of the amazing chandeliers hanging from halved wine barrels. Just as I did, I was reprimanded by a sales lady...no photos allowed. Awww geesh!!! How would I share the amazingness with my readers?
There are some photos of the Mill Valley's location on his website but the Napa location was a lot smaller and just had a slightly different look and feel to it. It also smelled SOOOO delicious and I eventually saw their little secret. A crock pot by the door all bubbly.

I made 3 rounds through the small store, each time, eyeing different little things I'd love to have. One of my favorite finds was their Lucite utensils and servers. I just cannot describe to you how cool these things were. I searched online trying to find an example to show you but fail short of a match.


So long gone are the days I can spend hours just browsing and inspecting every little item. I soon had a toddler who wanted out of her stroller and to get her pretty, little hands on all the breakables as well. That my friends was my time to RUN...not walk for the door. If you're ever in Napa...such a hop skip and a jump from the SF Bay Area, check it out.

No comments: